Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Beauty In Knowing You're Beautiful


About Me:
The summer before my senior year in high school, I found out I had an eating disorder. It sounds so weird to say it that way. I "found out" I had an eating disorder. Truth is, I didn't know the way I ate and thought about myself was unhealthy. As a teenage girl, I grew up surrounded by comments like "Does this make me look fat?" and "I'm not eating carbs this week. I'm trying to lose 3 pounds." I thought the way I ate and the way I viewed myself was normal.
I'm so glad I found out I was wrong.

I have Binge Eating Disorder. BED is a disorder where a person eats large quantities of food in a short amount of time to the point where they feel so full they feel sick, but instead of purging/over-exercising to get rid of the food, they go into this depressed and angry state because they feel out of control.
Here are some websites that have great information about Binge Eating Disorder:


It's taken me a long time to be able to look at myself in the mirror and see myself as beautiful. I still struggle with it.
That's why I have started this blog. I want to inspire people to be strong and confident. I want to recreate what society deems "perfect." Screw "perfect." It doesn't exist. I want to promote confidence, strength, happy minds, and healthy bodies, because, honestly, there can never be too much joy spread in this world. There just can't

While I was in the process of writing this first post on Simply Sunny Days, I came across this video.


I see beauty.
I see happiness.
I see me, and I am damn proud in who I have become.

What do you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik